There are very nuanced reasons why I want to be a digital note taker. These are some thoughts and opinions about my journey.
- I don't like pens (on paper) unless they are the erasable Frixion type
- Paper is harder to organize, make available online, and find using search
- I like digital writing as it is essential to skill building, memory and learning
- I want to write using ePaper devices as they can be setup similar to real paper experiences
- I will use OneNote and OneDrive to capture my ePaper notes for review and long term storage
- Digital pens like Livescribe and Neo are great solutions but require equally great and available paper accessories
- Supplies have to be bought by the digital pen manufacturer to work
- You can easily lose a digital pen
- You can break an e-ink screen
- The e-ink tablets have their own UI and can be difficult to use, forcing you to learn their OS and changing your workflow.
- I prefer an eco-friendly writing solution
- I don't want to run out of paper or pen supplies
This is where my journey is right now. I currently use an iPad as my Supernote A5X doesn't have OneDrive integration as of today.
What are your reasons for digital note taking vs analog notes?